We will once again be hosting an Artist Trading Card swap of Marian artwork to honor Our Lady during the month of May!
Artist trading cards are miniature pieces of artwork created for the purpose of trading with others. At 2.5 x 3.5 inches in size, ATCs are quite small, making them fun to create and collect and trade. If you are a regular reader here you know that we hold ATC swaps in May for our Blessed Mother and in November to honor All Saints.
Artist Trading Cards can be made using any art medium you like such as colored pencils, graphite, watercolor, acrylic, marker, pen and ink - whatever you like! Artists of all ages are welcome to join. We also like to encourage busy mothers to participate as well, whether you create art alongside your children or take some quiet personal time for a little Mother Culture.
Some possibilities for Marian artwork inspiration: titles of Our Lady (see Litany of Loreto), mysteries of the rosary, devotions and (approved) apparitions, hymns, prayers, antiphons, symbols, traditional images or classic paintings.You can see posts on previous ATC Swaps here.
The swap will work the same as the previous ones. Here are the details:
- Each participant will create five ATC's to mail out and will receive five different cards in return, usually from five different artists.
- Everyone will send their cards to me. We sort them out roughly by age group/ability of the creator and then mail the cards back out to their new recipients. When you mail your cards to me, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope that I can use to send your new cards to you.
- International swappers are most welcome! It's always extra fun to receive cards from a faraway place.
- The swap is open to all ages.
- Each card should be labeled on the back with the creator's name and however much info you'd like to share.
- If you are interested in participating please leave a comment or send me an email at kimberlee (at) beadsofmercy (dot) com with ATC swap in the subject, and I will send you further information. Anyone can join in and definitely the more the merrier.
- Please mail your cards to me postmarked by Tuesday, May 31st.
- If you have a blog (or use other social media) please post about the swap to spread the word.
Enjoy creating lovely artwork to honor Our Lady! We look forward to hearing from you.
And a belated Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there! (I had hoped to post this on Sunday, but alas I didn't get to it.)